TED, one of the most prestigious and influential global conferences, chose Literacy Bridge’s founder and executive director, Cliff Schmidt, as a finalist in its worldwide search for TED 2013 speakers.
In past years, speakers at TED conferences have been selected through a highly competitive, invitation-only process. This year TED held special salons in 14 cities (Amsterdam, Bangalore, Doha, Johannesburg, London, Nairobi, New York, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, Tunis and Vancouver) to uncover new talents, voices and ideas for TED 2013. Cliff was invited to present live at TED@Vancouver BC on May 31.
Cliff’s 4-minute talk about our unique Talking Book program was extremely well-received by the audience, but it is only one step in the process. The other step is a public vote and rating on the most promising speakers, which will help determine who will be selected for TED 2013.
All the presentations are published on TED’s website. About 20 of the 300 presenters will be invited to TED 2013 Conference in California. Your comments and rating on the presentation will be crucial in helping the TED organizers pick us amongst the competition.
Watch and rate Cliff’s presentation and help Literacy Bridge’s work be seen by a global audience at the TED 2013 conference. Here are the three simple steps to rate Cliff’s talk:
Brief Version (see detailed instructions below if you have trouble):
- Sign up for a TED.com account here: https://auth.ted.com/users/new (you can skip the profile page after submitting name/email/password and just click on the audition video link)
- Watch my 4-minute audition.
- Vote (“Rate This Talk” on the same page)
- Comment (on the same page) — this is as important as the vote; please leave a quick note.
- Recommend on Facebook (on the same page).
- Please tell all your friends to do the same!
That’s it! Thank you so much!
Here are the detailed instructions if the ones above don’t work for you:
1. Sign up for a TED.com account here: https://auth.ted.com/users/new
You will need to:
a) Fill in first name, last name
b) Email address
c) Provide a password
d) Agree to the terms of service
e) Fill in and pass the “Capcha” test
After you fill in the info and click on “Submit” button, you may be presented with a screen to enter Profile info. You can skip this page if you like and go right to the video link below.
2. Watch, Comment and Rate the Video:
a) Watch Cliff’s video
b) Add a comment –what you write will help TED decide who to invite
c) Rate the video:
- On the right side of the screen, there is section titled “Rate the Talk”.
- Click on the stars under “Rate on Content” and “Rate on Presentation Style”
- Make sure that the stars that you click on become bigger, that is the sign that your rating has registered.
3. Click the Facebook “Recommend” Button Under the Video (Optional)
This is not the official rating. It just helps a bit to spread the word via Facebook.
4. Ask Your Friends to Watch/Vote Also!
Thank you for helping Literacy Bridge get in front of a global audience.